On-Going Development Opportunities
LVAIC Leadership Academy
The LVAIC Leadership Academy is a management development program conducted by the Center for Business and Industry at Northampton Community College. The academy is designed to equip supervisors, managers, and high potential employees with the skills they need to be successful in their leadership roles. The instructors of this Certificate Program tailor discussions to higher education in the Lehigh Valley and teach employees to:
- transition from worker to supervisor/manager/leader of others
- manage work and people
- plan for achievement of results
- heighten self-awareness in order to effectively communicate with different personality types
- flex their management styles to the needs of individual team members
- resolve conflicts in order to focus on results and promote teamwork
The Management Development Program is a comprehensive program that consists of 4 different learning modules. Each module is 8 hours / 1 day in length for a total of 32 hours or 4 full days. However, training days are not consecutive which allows candidates for the certificate time to use and practice the new skills they learned in one session before they attend the next module.
Participation in the Leadership Academy is on a limited basis. Please contact the Human Resource department on your campus for further information.
LVAIC Leadership Institute
The LVAIC Leadership Institute is a development opportunity for mid-career faculty and mid-level administrators who have interest and potential for advanced administrative leadership in higher education. This is a 10 month program that allows participants to explore multiple aspects of leadership in higher education while building their personal and organizational capacity for leadership. Areas to be explored include:
- The future of Higher Education
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Human Resources
- Enrollment Management
- Assessment and Accreditation
- Role of President and External Relationships
In-room sessions, remote learning, self reflection and mentor conversation are all utilized to provide participants with an opportunity to network and grow their understanding of higher education leadership. Participation in the program is limited and based on an application process. For more information please contact the Provost Office for your campus.
LVAIC Retirement Seminar Series
The LVAIC Retirement Seminar Series is designed to to provide the LVAIC community with information to help plan for their transition to retirement.
- Session I: Planning for your financial security and estate planning.
- Presented by David Ellowitch, CFP® a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and Dionysios Pappas Esq of Vasiliadis and Associates
- Presentation materials are available here.
- Session II: The emotional transitions experienced prior to and after retirement.
- Session III: Understanding Medicare and long-term care options.
- Presented by Terri Cantrel, Independent Insurance Agent and Theresa Hogan, Attorney at Law