Annual State of the Lehigh Valley Event examines regional response to COVID-19
November 18, 2020, @ 11:41 AM
The Lehigh Valley Research Consortium, a program of LVAIC, hosted its 10th annual State of the Lehigh Valley event on Friday, November 13. More than 80 attendees gathered virtually to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on the Lehigh Valley and its residents.
Topics and authors of the report include:
- Community Resilience in the Face of a Pandemic – Kristen Wenrich (City of Bethlehem)
- Perspectives from the 1918-19 Influenza Pandemic in Allentown, Pennsylvania – Eike Reichardt (Lehigh Carbon Community College)
- An Examination of Food Access and Affordability in the Lehigh Valley at the Beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic – Chrysan Cronin (Muhlenberg College), Cathy Coyne (Moravian College), and Hollie Gibbons (Cedar Crest College)
- Economic Challenges, Responses, and Outcomes During Spring and Summer 2020 – Christopher Ruebeck (Lafayette College) and Sabrina Terrizzi (Moravian College)
- Understanding the Psychosocial Impact of COVID-19 and Social Isolation on Mental Health and Emotional Well-being: Facing Challenges and Building Resilience – Todd Hastings and Mae Ann Pasquale (Cedar Crest College)
The event included presentations from four of the author groups. If you were unable to attend this year, you can view the event here.
Following the presentations, the audience had an opportunity to pose questions to the presenters.
Year after year, attendees gather at this event to learn about different quality of life factors in the region. Although the event had to pivot to virtual delivery, the Lehigh Valley Research Consortium was glad they could still provide the local community with relevant information and research.
The LVRC was thankful for the sponsorship provided to the event through the Lehigh Valley Engaged Humanities Consortium.LVAIC Non-Tenure -Track Faculty community of practice highlighted » « LVAIC Dance Consortium Calendar Showcases Successful Collaboration