- This event has passed.
4th Annual LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium
May 13, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
LVAIC Virtual Information Literacy Symposium
The 4th Annual LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium:
A Community of Reflection: Information Literacy Research and Scholarship
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 – Via Zoom
The 4th annual LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium will be held virtually on May 13, 2020 from 10am-12pm. This LVAIC-sponsored event will bring together the greater Lehigh Valley academic community — faculty, librarians, and other educators — to discuss the scholarship of teaching and learning in information literacy.
Register now to join us online for presentations and discussions about information literacy teaching and learning. The symposium is free but advance registration is required.
- 10am – Welcome and Introductions
- 10:15am – Presentation & Breakout Activity – Strengthening Information Literacy and Metacognition with a Constructivist Activity, Jen Jarson, Jess Denke, and Stefanie Sinno
- 11am – Presentation & Breakout Activity: Supporting Multilingual Students while Teaching Library Research Online, Elena Reiss, Kayla Landers, Carrie Baldwin-SoRelle
- 11:45am – Closing
For further information, please visit our website or contact a member of the LVAIC Information Literacy Learning Community Planning Team:
- Angela Perkins, Lafayette University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jess Denke, Muhlenberg College, email@example.com
- Kelly Cannon, Muhlenberg College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Demyan, Moravian College, email@example.com
- Rachel Hamelers, Muhlenberg College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Baldwin-SoRelle, Lehigh University, email@example.com
The LVAIC Information Literacy Symposium is funded by LVAIC.