August 13 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
LVAIC is hosting a professional development session for Academic Chairs and Program Directors focused on learning how to enhance your department through effective hiring and application of the principles of shared governance.
This day- long session will include presentations, case scenarios and workshop learning. Participants will actively evaluate their role in achieving department readiness for hiring, behavioral based interviewing for academic search committees, shared governance in leading academic teams and application of shared governance to the hiring process.
At the completion of the program participants will be able to:
- Evaluate department readiness for academic hiring
- Develop job description based on institution and department fit
- Develop interview questions that support best candidate selection
- Understand the role shared governance plays in leading academic departments
- Apply principles of shared governance to academic hiring and search committees
- Dr. David Parkyn, President Emeritus, North Park University, Chicago, Illinois
- Dr. Katie P. Desiderio, Executive Director, Graduate Business Programs, Associate Professor of Management, Moravian College
- Charlene D. Bergstresser, Program Director, LVAIC