2021 Lehigh Valley Ecology and Evolution Society (LVEES) Meeting
April 17 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
LVEES is BACK…
Sponsored by LVAIC (Lehigh Valley Association of Independent Colleges) and Muhlenberg College
Date: Saturday, 17 April 2021
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Dependent upon number of talks)
Location: Due to Covid, this conference will be virtual hosted by Dr. Erika Iyengar, Muhlenberg College.
What to Expect:
- Traditional talks
- NEW: Lightning round talks
- Registration is FREE
- Condensed conference schedule
We look forward to an in-person conference next year with a keynote speaker, poster session, and more social time over breaks and lunch.
Abstract submission deadline: Friday, March 26
Lightning round video submission deadlines: Friday, April 9
Registration deadline (for non-presenters): Monday, April 12
– 12 minute live presentation via Zoom with screen sharing
– 3 minutes of questions
– 5 minute pre-recorded talk shown on conference day
– audience views 4 lightning round presentations, then open for 10 minutes of questions across all 4 speakers who will be in live attendance via screen sharing
Undergraduate students, graduate students, post-docs, and faculty are encouraged to present current research. Top priority will be given to graduating students to present, in the case that there are too many applications to maintain a shortened conference.
No poster session this year; would-be poster presenters are encouraged to consider a “lighting talk” instead.
“Best talk” awards will be given for traditional format talks only.
Dr. Erika Iyengar
No Longer Accepting Applications – INTENT FORM *- for planning, purposes, please fill out this form by Friday, February 26
* NOTE: Your responses on the INTENT FORM are non-binding. However, speakers who fill out this INTENT FORM by the stated deadline typically will be given higher priority over those who do not fill out the INTENT FORM if the need arises to decline some talk applications.