State of the Lehigh Valley 2018-2019
November 22 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree – $35.00
The annual State of the Lehigh Valley event is scheduled for November 22, 2019 and will release the State of Women in the Lehigh Valley: Community Trends at a Glance report.
The report focuses on the state of women in the region – availability of healthcare, homelessness, imprisonment and recidivism, quality of life, employment, earnings, and business leaders. In addition, the event will offer several targeted workshops to facilitate information-sharing and actionable outcomes regarding this information.
Topics and authors of the report include:
- Availability of Healthcare – Michele Moser Deegan (Muhlenberg College) and Sabrina Terrizzi (Moravian College) and Rajika Reed (St. Luke’s Hospital Network)
- Third Street Alliance Programs for Homeless and Low-Income Women – Robert Root (Lafayette College)
- Prison to Community Re-entry Program – Joyce Dougherty (Pinebrook Family Answers and Moravian College) and Lori VanDoren (Pinebrook Family Answers)
- Women in Politics – Mallory SoRelle (Lafayette College)
- The History That Speaks for Itself: Women’s Stories from the Lehigh Valley – Gail Rothberg Eisenberg and Susan Clemens Bruder (Muhlenberg College)
- The Earnings and Employment Gap – Ranajoy Ray-Chaudhuri (Muhlenberg College)
- The Quality of Women’s Work Lives – Debra Wetcher-Hendricks (Moravian College) and Christopher Borick (Muhlenberg College)
- Female Business Leaders – Diane Donaher (Iron Pigs Charities and Athena Award winner)
Over the past few years, this event has proven significant in marking the progress of the Lehigh Valley, taking stock of our needs and identifying opportunities we share as a region. The LVRC is very grateful for your support of this event.
Please consider attending the event to gather, learn, and discuss. While at the event, we encourage you to engage electronically, as well. Follow along with our hashtag (#SOLV19) to engage in further conversations and connect with other attendees.