State of the Lehigh Valley 2018-2019
November 22 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree – $40.00
The annual State of the Lehigh Valley event is scheduled for November 22, 2019 and will release the State of Women in the Lehigh Valley: Community Trends at a Glance report.
The report focuses on the state of women in the region – availability of healthcare, homelessness, imprisonment and recidivism, quality of life, employment, earnings, and business leaders. In addition, the event will offer several targeted workshops to facilitate information-sharing and actionable outcomes regarding this information.
Topics and authors of the report include:
- Availability of Healthcare – Michele Moser Deegan (Muhlenberg College) and Sabrina Terrizzi (Moravian College) and Rajika Reed (St. Luke’s Hospital Network)
- Keys to Women Escaping Homelessness: A Survey of Clients of Third Street Alliance – Robert Root (Lafayette College)
- Prison to Community Re-entry Program – Joyce Dougherty (Pinebrook Family Answers and Moravian College) and Lori VanDoren (Pinebrook Family Answers)
- The State of Women in Lehigh Valley Politics – Mallory SoRelle (Lafayette College)
- The History That Speaks for Itself: Women’s Stories from the Lehigh Valley – Gail Rothberg Eisenberg and Susan Clemens Bruder (Muhlenberg College)
- How Green is the Lehigh Valley? Gender, Earnings and the Local Economy – Ranajoy Ray-Chaudhuri (Muhlenberg College)
- Employment Status and Satisfaction – Debra Wetcher-Hendricks (Moravian College) and Christopher Borick (Muhlenberg College)
- Lehigh Valley C-Suite Executives and Gender Balance – Diane Donaher (Iron Pigs Charities and Athena Award winner)
Over the past few years, this event has proven significant in marking the progress of the Lehigh Valley, taking stock of our needs and identifying opportunities we share as a region. The LVRC is very grateful for your support of this event.
Please consider attending the event to gather, learn, and discuss. While at the event, we encourage you to engage electronically, as well. Follow along with our hashtag (#SOLV19) to engage in further conversations and connect with other attendees.
Advance registration for this event closed November 15, 2019. Those registering after this date must use the Walk-In Registration option below and will not receive a digital copy of the report prior to the event.