First Annual LVAIC TESOL Conference Building Linguistic Bridges: Translanguaging as Practice
September 19 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree – $100.00
NOTE: This conference will be postponed until September 19, 2020. Any tickets already purchased will be automatically applied to the new conference date. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
First Annual LVAIC TESOL Conference: Building Linguistic Bridges: Translanguaging as Practice
Saturday, September 19, 2020, 9am – 3pm, Lehigh University, University Center, 3rd floor, 29 Trembley Dr, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Catherine Box, University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education
The emerging Community of Practice of Multilingual Students Language and Culture Support is pleased to invite you to the First Annual LVAIC TESOL Conference. This full-day conference will bring together writing instructors, research librarians, and TESOL professionals from Lehigh Valley and beyond. Presenters from Lehigh Valley K-12, higher education, and adult literacy institutions will discuss translanguaging as practice in multilingual classrooms.
Translanguaging refers to the process in which multilingual students integrate all their linguistic resources in communication. Embracing translanguaging validates and supports the many benefits of multicultural students’ experiences when it is seen as an advantage rather than a compensatory strategy (Vogel & Garcia, 2017). For additional information about the conference schedule and presentations, please visit the LVAIC TESOL Conference Website.
The event will be held at Lehigh University’s University Center, 3rd floor, 9am – 3pm on March 21, 2020. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Participants may earn four Act 48 Continuing Professional Education credits.
Please register by March 6, 2020. Space is limited and registration is required.
With questions regarding registration please contact Elena Reiss, M.A., Language Specialist, Lehigh University, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610)758-6117
- Elena Reiss, M.A., Language Specialist, Lehigh University email@example.com; (610)758-6117
- Teresa Cusumano, M.A., M.S., Language Specialist, Lehigh University firstname.lastname@example.org (610)758-5887
- Sara Kangas, Assistant Professor, College of Education, Lehigh University email@example.com; 610-758-3235
- Tingting Kang, Ph.D., Multi-language Learner Support Specialist, Lafayette College firstname.lastname@example.org; (610)330-3187
- Maria Ebert, M.Ed., M.A., Director of International Student Services, Cedar Crest College email@example.com; (610) 606-4666 ext. 3487
- Judith Rance-Roney, Education Department, Graduate Programs Director and TESOL Advisor, DeSales University Judith.Rance-Roney@desales.edu; (610) 282-1100 x1323
- Thomas Janis, Director, Office of International Student Support, Muhlenberg College firstname.lastname@example.org; 484-664-3448
- Mark R. Emerick, Visiting Lecturer of Education, Muhlenberg College email@example.com; 484-664-3454