Funding for Collaborative Programs
The LVAIC Collaborative Funding program provides resources to groups within the LVAIC community who, through collaboration, wish to engage in activities that advance LVAIC’s priorities. The proposed activities should explore new and innovative ideas, broaden audience inclusion, and/or maximize the sharing of resources and experiences across LVAIC community.
Types of Activities Funded may include but are not limited to:
- Emerging collaborative learning communities (Communities of Practice)
- Innovative teaching and learning strategies
- Collaborative certificate and course creation
- Innovative resource efficiencies
New this year:
- Required submission of final registration list with completion report for all events (see the further resources section to learn more about this)
- Fast-track application for recurring conferences that request $1,000 or less
Applying for funding:
A group that wishes to apply for collaborative funding should:
- Review the Submission Parameters, Funding Utilization, and Proposal Contents (see below for each of these)
- Select a proposal lead to submit proposal. This individual needs to be a current faculty or staff member of one of the six LVAIC member schools.
- Identify someone from the proposal team to attend one of the Funded Proposal Workshops (register here)
- Complete the funded proposal submission (complete here) by March 1, 2020
As in previous years, the proposals will be reviewed by various leadership members from across the six LVAIC campuses. Content in the proposal submission will be reviewed against proposal evaluation criteria. Proposal leads will be contacted in the event further clarification is required.
Proposal leads will be notified of decisions by May 15, 2020, with funding to be available beginning July 1, 2020.
Examples of previously funded programs and their final reports are available here. A preview of the information to be collected in the 2020-2021 final reports is available here. Please note: programs will be required to submit final participant lists in the final report. Specifications are outlined in the 2020-2021 final report preview. The funded program Frequently Asked Questions are available here. Any additional questions can be directed to Charlene Bergstresser at firstname.lastname@example.org
All proposals must meet the following parameters in order to be considered for funding review:
- Alignment to LVAIC priorities
- Collaboration between three or more LVAIC member schools
- Communication and agreement amongst collaborating schools prior to proposal submission
- Participation must be open to all six LVAIC campuses
- Must meet risk management requirements
Funding Scales and Utilization:
Funding will be awarded based on proposal type, implementation plan, and budget plan.
Maximum allowable funding for Conferences/Workshops/Symposia will be:
- 1st year maximum = $5,000
- 2nd year maximum = $3,500
- Recurring, 3rd year and beyond, maximum = $2,000
- Fast-track recurring = $1,000
- Non-collaborative program sponsorship = $500
|In-Scope use of Funding
Catering (event and planning)
Internal Max: $500
Travel Expense (speaker)
Materials (Poster Printing, Technology, Software)
ADA compliance needs
Student registration fees
Out of Scope use of funding
Awards (cash or cash equivalent)
Payment to students (cash or cash equivalent)
All proposals will be submitted via an online form. The following information will be collected as part of the submission process and will be utilized for proposal review.
- Names and contact information for proposal lead and all team members
- Goals/Desired outcome of proposed program
- Target LVAIC audience
- Alignment to LVAIC priorities
- Planned assessment methodology
- Resources being requested (financial and other)
- Budget plan (revenue, expense, other funding sources)
- Implementation Plan
- Future sustainment and follow-up collaboration as applicable
- Current institutional support for proposal
Current Funded Programs
Current funded programs can access their planning, budgeting, and payment resources on the Funded Program Planning Tools page here.