LVAIC Good News
April 29, 2020, @ 4:40 PM
Challenging times call for courageous people and generous institutions. LVAC member institutions continue to serve and support the Lehigh Valley region during this difficult time. Higher education’s support of the community is integral, and together we will overcome these challenges. The following includes some of the ways the LVAIC colleges continue to offer help and creativity for a resilient Lehigh Valley region.
The Lehigh Valley higher education community reaches as far back as 1742 with Moravian College serving as the sixth oldest college in the nation. At that time, the college even served as a Revolutionary War hospital. This was one of the first instances of the Lehigh Valley higher education institutions serving the community even beyond the local students who attend the schools for advanced learning. Over that time, higher education has continued to find ways to share its resources in a way that builds and serves its neighborhoods. The LVAIC colleges are furthering that mission in this challenging time with donations, creations, and sharing of expertise.
- Lafayette College Alumnae Makes Hand Sanitizer for Homeless
- DeSales University Donated Unused Food on Campus to New Bethany Ministries, Victory House, and Safe Harbor Easton
- Moravian College Donated Over 1,000 Rolls of Toilet Paper to Greater Lehigh Valley Meals on Wheels
- Muhlenberg College Student and Cedar Crest College Student Sewing Masks for Local Healthcare Networks
- Lafayette College Farm Continues to Operate and Donate Locally-Grown Food
- Lehigh University SBDC Offering Free Counseling Services for Struggling Companies
- Moravian College Cut Beautiful Tulips Across Campus and Donated Them to LVHN-Muhlenberg
- Muhlenberg College’s Student-Run Magical Memories Surprises Local Children on Birthdays
- Lafayette College Donates to the Support Easton Fund
- LVAIC Colleges Opening Dorms for Doctors and Nurses on Front Line of Coronavirus Fight
- LVAIC Campuses Donating PPE to Local Healthcase Facilities and First Responders
- Cedar Crest College, DeSales University, Lehigh University, Moravian College, and Muhlenberg College all donated personal protective equipment from their science labs to the local healthcare facilities and local first responders.
- LVAIC Campuses Making 3D Masks for Healthcare Workers
- Lafayette College, Lehigh University, Moravian College, and Muhlenberg College are making 3D masks and stethoscopes for healthcare workers working on the front line of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Muhlenberg College Public Health Professor quoted in Men’s Health Magazine
- Lafayette College is Hosting a Virtual Blood Drive to Battle National Shortage
- Lehigh University Faculty Member Partnered with St. Luke’s Doctor for ‘Bug Zapper’ to Kill Coronavirus on Masks Used by Health Care Workers
- Muhlenberg College Environmental Science Senior Uses Video to Teach Science to Elementary Schoolers
- DeSales University Students Using Time to Make Plarn Mats for the Homeless
- Moravian College Alumnus Raised $30,000 for Those with Any Disability, Diagnosis, or Chronic Illness Affected by COVID-19
- Lehigh University’s Fraternity Donated Food to a Food Bank
- Muhlenberg College Senior Did Some “Window Singing” for Local Senior Citizens
- DeSales University Adjunct Professor Put Lab Skills to Use During Pandemic
- Muhlenberg College Alumnus Builds Temporary Hospitals With His Event Services Company
This compilation offers a snapshot of some of the ways these colleges and universities are supporting the Lehigh Valley. Please send any other updates and news releases to firstname.lastname@example.org and check this page for regular updates.LVAIC Information Literacy Conference Advances Learning Tools During Online Education » « Health Insurance Terms to Know